What is a StarID?
The StarID is a username that will be used across the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities to access information technology systems and services. As systems are configured to use StarID, the number of usernames and passwords students and employees will need to remember and use will be reduced. Ideally, a single username can be used to log into any system and that will be StarID. This means that students who plan on transferring to another school in the Minnesota State system will continue to use the same StarID and password.
Don't confuse StarID with Star Alert (SCC's emergency notification system).
What is SCC’s goal for implementing StarID?
Starting June 2nd 2014, all students and employees of SCC will be using StarID as a single credential to access the following services: College Computers, eServices, D2L Brightspace, Employee Website, and others.
What should you do right now?
Activate Your Star ID
In order to access South Central College online services, all students, faculty and staff must activate their StarID. If you haven't already activated your StarID visit the Self Service page at https://starid.minnstate.edu.
If it's been a while since you've used your StarID you'll want to make sure your StarID hasn't expired. Again the StarID Self Service page (https://starid.minnstate.edu.) allows you to reset your password.
Your TechID or the personal email address that you provided to South Central College.
What can I do with my StarID?
Each college and university can enable access to their individual IT systems with StarID. The most common of these systems include; campus computers and printers, Desire2Lean (D2L), employee email, and eServices. A number of system wide IT systems accept a StarID wherever the system is used. Here are a few of these systems:
- Campus Computers
- D2L Brightspace – The Instructional Management System (IMS) used by Minnesota State faculty, staff and students
- STARS - STARS (System wide Training and Registration Site).
- Program Navigator - the Program Navigator system is used to create and redesign academic programs and enter them into Program Inventory and ISRS.
CEMRS (EMS)- Classroom, Event Management, and Resource Scheduling.
- Minnesota State Connect - a system wide SharePoint for cross-institution collaboration.
- E-timesheet - Currently, all SCC staff members use their StarID to enter timesheet and leave requests.
- ISRS (future) - All ISRS administrative web applications will be configured to use StarID for login. Student-facing applications (eServices) accept StarID but do not require it.
Who is eligible for a StarID?
All faculty, staff and students of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system are eligible for a StarID. Guests can also be authorized for a StarID.
What can I do with my StarID?
Each college and university can enable access to their individual IT systems with StarID. The most common of these systems include; campus email, campus computers and printers, D2L Brightspace and eServices.